Who Are We?
We are a group of passionate and motivated students in our final year at California State University, Northridge. For our senior thesis project, we are creating an original twenty-minute pilot episode. While this project is a school production, we hope this project will expand outside of the classroom. This project may help our crew get noticed by future employers and could potentially make its way to film festivals. In order for our project to meet its full potential, we will need your support. We hope to raise $15,000 all of which will go towards funding this film.
‘The Grey Area’ is a drama that follows a young Afro-Latino student-athlete, Duke Aguilar, who has struggled all his life with his racial identity and childhood trauma. One night, after letting his anger get the best of him, Duke gets into a fight with his white teammate. This fight may just cost Duke all of his hard-earned opportunities. In our 20 minute pilot, Duke Aguilar is a senior at his high school and has a lot to look forward to. With scholarships, good grades, and girls falling for him, he sees his future pretty bright. Although his life may seem perfect, it is not. He lives in this grey area where he can't fully be himself. At school, they call him the black kid, but at home, his mother only sees him as Latino. His peers and family do not accept him as both races; he struggles to find who he truly is. -- Find out more when our film premieres in May 2020! In the meanwhile, please help us raise money to make this film possible.
Donations will help us to:
• Pay for locations & permit fees
• Transportation for our cast & crew
• Rent professional camera, sound, and lighting equipment
• Purchase wardrobe for our actors, as well as props & set design
• Provide catering for our crew of 15+ & our talent
• Pay any other production expenses while going forward
The Grey Area Team
Director – Anfernee Aguado
Producer – Jacob Sylvester
Line Producer – Brian Sandoval
Director of Photography – Joi Hamilton
Assistant Director – Christian Ramirez
Associate Producer – Breana Jimenez
Production Design – Bianca Palaganas
Camera Operator – Kevin Chen
Sound Recordist – Taylor McCabe
Editor – Kiet Nquyen
Sound Editor – Jeffrey Lazo
We will start filming on March 27th, and are hoping to have the sufficient funds by then. Without these funds, we would not be able to finance our film. Please help spread the word & just a simple share can take us far. The Grey Area Team is incredibly excited to take this journey with you and we thank you for your past and continued support.
Perks of Donating
Universal Perk - Any amount of money donated is eligible for a tax-deduction!
• $15 -- Instagram Story shoutout We will give you a special shoutout on our Instagram story!
• $25 -- Custom "The Grey Area" magnet We will send you a custom "The Grey Area" magnet. Plus a special shoutout!
• $50 -- Signed poster from the cast themselves! Plus, you'll receive an exclusive shoutout & a custom "The Grey Area" magnet.
• $100 -- Special thanks on our rolling credits Your name will be on our rolling credits! Plus, you'll receive everything else above.
• $250 -- Behind the scenes look book You'll be sent an exclusive behind the scenes look-book with pictures from our experience on set. Plus, you'll receive everything else above.
• $500 -- Executive Producer Credit + On Set Visit You will get an exclusive opportunity to meet #TheGreyArea Cast & Crew! Along with receiving Executive Producer credits in our film! Plus, you'll receive everything else above.