Welcome to the campaign for our CSUN Senior Thesis Film, Watson's Aim.
Watson's Aim is a nostalgic neo-western about a young woman, her grandfather, and the tall tales that save and unite them.
This story seeks to reinforce the idea that everyone - no matter how old or infirm - deserves dignity, and it's also about the hints of truth that lie at the heart of every far-fetched legend.
Our goal is to raise $15,000 in order to adequately produce the project from start to finish.
Just as CSUN alumni have done in the past, we intend on submitting this film to a wide array of festivals across the country. As proud filmmakers from CSUN we aim to give our school and this film the recognition it deserves.
Where Your Money's Going
All donations will go towards the following:
- Location (permits, insurance, transportation, etc.)
- Casting (casting director, talent, studio teacher, etc.)
- Rentals (audio, lighting, grip & electric, camera gear, etc.)
- Covid enforcement (Covid Safety Officer, PPE, cleaning supplies, testing, etc.)
- Catering (to feed our crew and cast!)
... and more!
Safety during COVID
In addition to the already sizeable costs of creating a high-quality film, it is imperative that our budget also allows for the utmost safety of our cast and crew. Preventative measures will be a strict necessity on set. These will include, but are not limited to:
- COVID Tests leading up to (and potentially during) production
- Symptom screenings - and temperature checks if feasible - conducted before entering set
- A COVID compliance officer present on set
- Ample PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided and properly worn
- Prepackaged meals, and socially distanced seating for meal breaks
- Disinfectant and hand sanitizer easily accessible
- Where possible, paths of one-directional foot traffic through set established to prevent crowding
To further ensure the safety of our crew and cast, we will be following the covid safety protocols put in place by both SAG AFTRA and Los Angeles Department of Public Health.
Can't Donate, But Still Want To Help?
Even if you can't donate at this time, it would be a huge help to us if you would get the word out by sharing our donation and social media pages! Please feel free to email, share on pages such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, or even invest in our merchandise (see below).
Contributions to Watson’s Aim are 100% tax deductible. CSUN is a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization.
Merchandise (AVAILABLE NOW!)
Our online store is now open! Visit watsonsaim.bigcartel.com and support the film by grabbing a t-shirt, hoodie, sticker, or even a commemorative mug! Check out the designs below!
If you've read this far, thank you so much for your interest in our film! We want to make it the best it can be, and we can only achieve that with your generous contributions. We all wish you a safe and happy 2021!
If you have any questions regarding the project and would like to contact one of our producers directly, please feel free to email one of the following, or both, producers below.