All graduating seniors from CSU Northridge, we’re a group of Cinema and Television Production students attempting to fundraise for our senior thesis. Entirely student-run and created, here’s a bit about “Viral” and how you might be able to help us create this project.
"Viral" is a drama that commentates on the world of social media and its influences during the COVID-19 pandemic. At the height of the coronavirus pandemic, a social media icon pledges to give $1 million to a single fan who can get the most views (go Viral) in a month. A young woman attempts to win the contest to escape the strict realities of her life but comes to the realization that the love from and for her loved ones is stronger than all else.
Link To Our Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVfty74NHbs
Our goal is to raise $15,000 in contributions. This will aid our production from start to finish.
100% of your donations will be used for the following:
◦ Rentals (audio, lighting, grip & electric, camera gear, etc.)
◦ Art Department (wardrobe, hair & make-up, production design, props, etc.)
◦ Casting (talent, studio teacher, ect.)
◦ Location (permits, transportation, insurance, etc.)
◦ Catering (to feed our hard-working cast & crew!)
◦ Post Production (color correcting, music composition, etc.)
◦ Covid Mitigation (Covid Safety Officer, PPE, cleaning supplies, testing, etc.)
◦ & more!
100% tax deductible. CSUN is a 501(c)(3) Charitable Organization.
In addition to the already sizable cost of creating this film, it’s imperative that our budget allows for the utmost safety of our cast and crew during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be regulating preventative measures that will be strict and of the utmost importance throughout production. These include:
◦ COVID Tests leading up to (and potentially during) production.
◦ Symptom screenings conducted before entering the shoot.
◦ A COVID compliance officer present on set.
◦ PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided and properly worn.
◦ Prepackaged meals and socially distanced seating for meal breaks.
◦ Disinfectant and hand sanitizer easily accessible.
◦ Minimizing Maximum crew and cast on set at all times.
The health and safety of our cast and crew is our number one priority while in the production of this film. By contributing to the funding of these additional items, we will be able to provide and better ensure the safety of everyone on set.
We will be following guidelines recommended by the CDC as well as SAG-AFTRA.
Don't worry if you aren't able to donate any form of monetary contribution. Instead, you can show your support for our film by sharing this campaign and our social media sites with your family and friends!