Mission Statement -
CSUN Aeronautics strives to build the foremost aircraft to the team’s ability in order the compete in the international SAE competition. The main objective is to design a suite of systems that can support the Fight against wildfires through the delivery of water and parts for a ground vehicle. Our team is focused on mission success through understanding of diverse requirements, system-level engineering, and robust execution.
Vision Statement -
We aspire to create opportunities for our students to grow as engineers in and out of the classroom. CSUN Aeronautics is not only a senior design project that focuses on building an aeronautic vessel amongst its team members but also incorporates undergraduate students as volunteers. Our team hopes to continue to inspire other students to volunteer for this project and grow real world experiences by becoming involved in decision making, designing, and manufacturing.
Achievements Over The Years -
International SAE Aero West 2022 Advanced Class
- 2nd – Mission Performance
- 3rd – Technical Presentation
- 1st - Hamza Abdullah and Erick Navarro-Hernandez "Aerodynamic Characteristics of Horizontal and Vertical Tails".
- 1st - Christopher Gonzalez "Optimization of Electronic Control Systems".
- 1st - Sara Khan and Noe Diaz "Aerodynamics Analysis of a Powered Autonomous Delivery Aircraft"
College Top Senior Design Project Display (Grand Prize, Award: $1,000)
Top Overall Oral Presentation of Mechanical Engineering Department (Award: $500)
International SAE Aero West 2021 Advanced Class:
- 1st – ME Senior Design Showcase
- 4th – Technical Presentation
- 1st - Isaac Chavez “Performance Study of Low Reynolds Number Eppler 423 Airfoil”
- 2nd- Lorenzo Quijas & Tahir Quettawala “Performance Study of a Lifting Fuselage”
- 2nd- Calvin Lau "FEA Analysis on the Colonist Delivery Aircraft Hook Mount”
How Can You Help -
Here we should talk about the donation plans and the tax breaks they can get.
You can help our team compete in the 2023 SAE Aero Design Competition by donating through this website and spreading the word with your friends. As the upcoming competition will be held in Fort Worth, Texas, our team is unable to use university funds and needs your support to help our team compete. With your donations we will be able to fund our teams travel and boarding expenses to Texas.
Tax Deduction and Donation -
Monetary and in-kind product support will be acknowledged as contributions to CSUN and are tax deductible under current application regulations. In addition, the CSUN SAE chapter holds nonprofit tax status as an educational entity affiliated with California State University, Northridge.
Tax deductible donations of Money Order or Check protocol -
Check or money order made out to AERO Foundation