CSUN Aeronautics strives to build the finest aircraft to the team’s ability in order to compete in the international SAE competition. The main objective is to design a suite of systems that can support the Fight against wildfires through the delivery of water and parts for a ground vehicle. Our team is focused on mission success through an understanding of diverse requirements, system-level engineering, and robust execution.
We aspire to create opportunities for our students to grow as engineers in and out of the classroom. CSUN Aeronautics is not only a senior design project that focuses on building an aeronautic vessel among its team members but also incorporates undergraduate students as volunteers. Our team hopes to continue to inspire other students to volunteer for this project and gain real-world experiences by becoming involved in decision-making, designing, and manufacturing.
Achievements Over The Years
International SAE Aero West 2023 Advanced Class
- 2nd – Technical Presentation
2023 CSUN Symposium
- 1st - 3-minute Presentation
- 1st - 10-minute Presentation
International SAE Aero West 2022 Advanced Class
- 2nd – Mission Performance
- 3rd – Technical Presentation
2022 CSUN Symposium
- 1st - Hamza Abdullah and Erick Navarro-Hernandez "Aerodynamic Characteristics of Horizontal and Vertical Tails".
- 1st - Christopher Gonzalez "Optimization of Electronic Control Systems".
- 1st - Sara Khan and Noe Diaz "Aerodynamics Analysis of a Powered Autonomous Delivery Aircraft"
College Top Senior Design Project Display (Grand Prize, Award: $1,000)
Top Overall Oral Presentation of Mechanical Engineering Department (Award: $500)
International SAE Aero West 2021 Advanced Class:
- 1st – ME Senior Design Showcase
- 4th – Technical Presentation
- 1st - Isaac Chavez “Performance Study of Low Reynolds Number Eppler 423 Airfoil”
- 2nd- Lorenzo Quijas & Tahir Quettawala “Performance Study of a Lifting Fuselage”
- 2nd- Calvin Lau "FEA Analysis on the Colonist Delivery Aircraft Hook Mount”
How Can You Help -
You can help our team compete in the 2024 SAE Aero Design Competition by donating through this website and spreading the word with your friends. As the upcoming competition will be held in Fort Worth, Texas, our team is unable to use university funds and needs your support to help our team compete. With your donations we will be able to fund our teams travel and boarding expenses to Texas.
If you reside outside of the United States, and you would like to support our project, please donate using this link: